May 5, 2010

The Green Scene...Furniture Refurbishing...

One of my favorite ways to go 'green' is by painting a piece of furniture you already own, or buy at a consignment shop. I see lots of pieces that I think would look great with a fresh coat of white paint. Last summer, I spent quite a bit of time painting some pieces I already owned. This lovely little wicker shelf was a bland washed-out mix of beige and white, so I painted it a cool turquoise. I think I used a little mini-pot of Benjamin Moore paint (I can't remember the color, I'll have to check it out) -






The before pix are above; now it has pizzaz! do you have a piece of furniture you can breathe new life into with a new paint color?? what color would you paint it?
(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)




1 comment:

  1. it looks very lovely! I just painted our balcony furniture in bright pink, much to boyfriends horror :)

    ReplyDelete