February 1, 2011

My home office...

I wanted to share a couple of pictures of my home office or as I call it - 'Blog Command Central' - this is where I spend most of my free time when I'm on my laptop, sometimes with my cat Scooter on my lap. He loves looking at the screen with me. I shared these with Tiina on her lovely blog yesterday here - my husband brought me a dozen red roses on Saturday so I wanted them on my desk to look at (and photograph).

I recently covered my very unattractive desk with some fabric from Israel (given to me years ago). It is yellow with red and blue, which, matches the blues and yellows in my living room-- and now, it looks so much better!! Until I get another desk, this is a great fix that cost me nothing. First, I put a white sheet on it to hide the wiring near the floor, then laid the fabric on that and voila! - this, I can live with.

Notice my Anne Harwell of Annechovie prints behind my chair...this is temporary until I hang them...my favorite map of the world (bought for $5 at Goodwill) and Audrey Hepburn poster...


If you look closely, I switched the Anne Harwell prints to Anna Spiro's chair and Courtney Barnes' chair...!

I have a couple of other new items I will be showing you later this week...meanwhile, stay safe as we are getting buried here in New England under more snow. We have had another 4-6" today and the prediction is for about 2 feet tomorrow!

For more information about Anne Harwell's prints, please visit her here -
Stop by and say hi to Tiina in Stockholm here -

Have you made any quick and easy design changes at home?

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

Decorating dilemma? Contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com and we can discuss how I can assist you - you can also send a picture or short video with the question(s).

1 comment:

  1. Sarah you are so sweet to give me a mention! Thank you....that snow is phenomenal. Take care! xo

    ReplyDelete