February 9, 2011

White out...

Country Living's February issue is all about white...a color I really love because you can mix and match so many other colors with it, if not all other colors.  The mag asks three designers to weigh in on white - you may know them: Rachel Ashwell, Darryl Carter and Suzanne Kasler.

Rachel thinks white can be cozy by using textures and soft furnishings, Darryl makes a great point and one I wholeheartedly agree with. He says "white makes old things seem current" - just take an old wooden table or chair, paint it white and dress it with fabulous fabric and 'pow'. Suzanne likes to use white as a foundation and says with white 'everything stays simplistic and strong.'  This is a wonderful issue and I thought I would post just one image from each designer.

Rachel Ashwell (image Victoria Pearson)

Darryl Carter (image Andrea Wyner)

Suzanne Kasler (image Suzanne Kasler)

So what is your take on white? do you like? love? have to add to a space? please share your thoughts, I would love to know! I had the most crazy, busy day today so I'm going to sleep now!! Have a great Thursday!

PS: this IS a beautiful issue of Country Living...I love the new changes and new look - check it out!

Need help making your home beautiful? Please contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com and we can discuss what ideas you have and changes you would like to make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment