April 9, 2011

Saturday in the kitchen...

Hello Blogland! I hope everyone here in New England is enjoying fabulous spring weather and that everyone around the world is having a fantastic weekend and enjoying the weather too. I am posting a great little kitchen that just happened to be in the 'Coastal Living' magazine that I bought about a year or so ago. I loved it so much and when I was researching a kitchen for today's post, I thought it would be perfect. I am so late posting because I had to work today and it was hectic!!! What recession?? We are soooo busy, its crazy! Its a good thing, but we need more help in the showroom.

Here is the little redesigned cottage on an island off the west coast of Florida:

BEFORE - it really needed help...

AFTER

This is a 1960's kit house and was redone on a budget. Note the plywood floors that have been painted with a white satin enamel - they look so cool and modern now. The fridge is concealed in a custom-made built-in that keeps it hidden on the side. My favorite piece in the room is the groovy fireplace! My uncle actually has one in his lake house - I think these are so stylish! When I was in design school, I designed an ADA residence with a bright orange one! I couldn't resist...what do you love about this little gem??

Have a great weekend!! See you tomorrow!

(image by David Anger for Coastal Living)

Do you need help decorating your house? Please contact me for my reasonable pricing and we can discuss what you are looking for at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment