June 15, 2011

A bit of tartan...

The Scottish Fashion Awards (who knew?) were held last night in Glasgow and since I love anything tartan, I thought these pictures of singer Dame Shirley Bassey were fantastic.  She looks so happy to be wearing this special dress designed by Scots designer Graeme Black.  The winner of the top award went to St. Martin's graduate, Jonathan Saunders.  Tartan always reminds me of the popular Scottish BBC show, 'Monarch of the Glen' ( I have the whole series on DVD). And since my mother was Scottish (born near Glasgow), I always had to have a kilt (usually red) when I was a little girl (they were so itchy!!!)- she loved me dressed up in this particular Scottish favorite. Mom had a long red and white wool kilt, which was so in style during the '70's - it was so great looking and would probably be stylish again now...

(image Reuters)

(image Andrew Milligan/PA Wire)

Images via UK Daily Mail

Don't forget you can FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK!!!

Have a great rest of the week!!

Thanks for visiting me, I appreciate your support!!!

xxxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment