September 11, 2011

America the beautiful...

I can't pass this day without remembering the events of 2001...I don't want to be maudlin, but, rather, I'd like to celebrate the phenomenal freedoms we enjoy in this great country of ours and appreciate how lucky we are, that, in times of trouble, people really do pull together. And let no one ever say again that New Yorkers are not nice people - rather, the opposite. I thought New Yorkers showed the stuff that they are really made of, like the rest of this country's people - our DNA and fabric constitutes strength, will, courage and dignity in the face of evil.  America, America, God shed his grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea!


(image by me)


2 comments:

  1. The entire world was with America then, in 2001 and now, after 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena: thank you for your kind comment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete