November 17, 2011

Dresser...before and after...

I FINALLY got around to painting this dresser I bought at a neighbor's yard sale for $10 - I don't want to tell you how long I procrastinated, but let's just say I bought the paint ages ago! It was quite hideous before with blue drawers and ugly drawer handles as well as being white! So, with two colors and mismatched handles, it was time this thing needed a makeover! So, thank you Sherwin Williams 'Rejuvenate' - the color has lived up to its name!

BEFORE:

Blue + white dresser with mismatched drawer handles...

DURING:

I had to leave it in the bedroom to paint it...AND I didn't put any primer on the white...

AFTER:

Though, I took the drawers to the basement and sprayed KILZ primer on them and then slathered on the 'Rejuvenate'...

The knobs were just natural wood from Home Depot and I painted them the same color...

The color looks funky because of the camera flash...at least its all one color now!

I left these pictures dark as I like the look of the curtains...

Morning sun streaming in...

I first saw this orange color in a Tobi Fairley-designed bedroom in Traditional Home a year ago and loved it.  Hope you all have a great Friday!

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

For information and pricing for my decorating services, please contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment